Meeting with the Classmates

Monday again. I feel like it's Wednesday. Or Thursday 'cause weekend was quite busy, no thanks to the Fag Five.:)
Friday, I promptly went straight home to chill before going out for dinner. Arrived to find Lala, Waya's sister, at the apartment with Waya, killing time after going to the parlor.
I plopped myself on my bed and took a nap--a nap that turned into a looooong one. By the time I half woke up, it was around 10. I checked my phone for texts: Apparently, Waya and the guys went out--to Capone's, to Coquina, wherever, I don't know, I didn't care I was just tired. I went promptly back to sleep.
Around 12 midnight, I woke up again, hungry but fresh as a daisy, to read Paolo's text: "Road trip! Wake up daanan ka namin!" Did he say road trip! I love road trips! Were we going to Tagaytay? Batangas? I was up and raring to go out. I went to the bathroom to wash up and dressed up to go. Went down Blanco and found Jay's SUV parked outside, waiting, with Paolo, Waya and Ige inside.
Then I found out we weren't exactly going on a road trip. "Akala ko ba road trip? Road trip? To QC!?" Hellooooo! But then again, I was just mock complaining. It was always fun going out with Waya, Paolo and Ige no matter where we ended up in.
Paolo had the bright idea of bringing us to......Classmate! Yes, that expensive DOM habitue in Quezon Avenue. Paolo is some sort of consultant there, being friends with the advertising design guy and the owners.
I was a bit apprehensive going there at first. I mean, what if I bump into Tito Jim? Or worse, Daddy? But then I thought, what then if I did hahaha. Wouldn't that be a riot? And besides, I haven't gone to a girlie bar yet. I was, as usual, eternally curious.
We decided to drop by Big Sky Mind all the way in New Manila to first watch Ene's band, The Ronnie's, perform. We got there too late, though; their band just finished performing.
So we then proceeded to Classmate with Ene in tow. While Jay parked in front, I took a quick survey of any familiar cars parked alongside us hahaha. Didn't see any. Whew. Coast is clear.
I always knew Paolo, my favorite boss and friend, has somesortuva ibang klaseng EQ talaga. So I was not surprised that wherever we went inside, almost all of the staff greeted him warmly by name. What suprised me was that one of the dancers, upon spying him in the audience, rushed up to him after her performance, gave him a big hug and planted a full-on kiss on his mouth.
Thought balloon: "Don't these girls know he's gay?!"
Well, apparently, a lot of the girls there are his friends. And a handful of them have a crush on him.
"Mabuti pa si Paolo, may babae. Siya pa hinahabol at hinahalay. E kayo (referring to the 2 straight guys with us), wala." Laughter. "Losers!"
We sat at the open lounge and I witnessed for the first time in my life what it was men went here for--and I was not surprised. Most of the girls were pretty! And this is not even a subjective opinion. Most had nice skin, long shiny hair, young, firm bodies. They danced and writhed like snakes on stage. I think one of the girls was actually masturbating when she performed, I almost wanted to laugh.
Then again, the interiors were quite tacky. The costumes baduy. And the entire atmosphere, seedy. There's no accounting for tastes. And besides, men didn't go here to look at nice interiors and architecture. I didn't spend a cent that night, thanks to Paolo. Everything we ordered was free. I DID find out that an order of calamares cost all of P600. Hmmm pretty steep for a small plate of batter-covered squid.
Well, there's one more thing on my list of things to do crossed out. :P
oOo
Saturday, woke up late. Had brunch at Saturday Market around 11:30. Waya, Ige and Paolo were there and had already finished eating. They waited for me to finish my Spanish Chicken, Omelet and Tuyo breakfast. Needed coffee, so we went to Coffee Bean as usual for a caffeine spike. We got around to deciding that we'd go to MCS to do some pirated DVD shopping. :P
I got several TV series DVDs: The Office, House, Gray's Anatomy and an 8-in-1 disk of Pedro Almodovar movies. There was a disk with ALL the Akira Kurosawa movies, but I decided not to get it. I haven't even finished watching the 4 other Kurosawa DVDs I had at home. The guys got hungry and were deciding where to have a late lunch. I suggested Sango for a Jap burger meal. Went home to take an afternoon nap and to do errands.
In the evening, Waya suggested that she'd cook dinner. We've been spending so much going out so it was an idea everyone agreed to. While Waya cooked a tasty chicken with walnut dish, I went down to Ministop to buy salad, green tea, ice and canned peaches. I set the table, spinned the salad and put them in those brown earthenware bowls I bought at the Japanese grocery store near Sango. I also cooked some rice in the rice cooker and drained the syrup from the peaches, transferred them into bowls and put ice.
And that was our Fag Four dinner. For dessert, we had the peaches and what was left of the Sebastian Premium Ice Cream (Fudge and Mint Chocolate?) in the freezer with the low fat whipped cream Waya always uses for her baking. Slept early as we were invited to Sunday lunch at the Gallardo residence the next day.
oOo
Sunday morning, dispensed with breakfast as Waya was busy baking her pineapple upside down cake with walnuts (awesome! not your usual pineapple upside down cake) and meringue melts to bring to the lunch. Drove off to nearby Wine Depot in Yakal (the one in Malygay was closed) to bring wine and cheese for the lunch. I got a good Shiraz (Chilean) and a regular red (Australian); tossed in two kinds of cheeses for good measure. Good thing everything I needed was there.
Around past 12, we met up with Ige, Paolo and Ene downstairs. Reached Tahanan in his Terrano real quick as there wasn't much traffic to contend with along South Super. We met a group of Mrs. Gallardo (aka Celeste Legaspi) and Mr. G's (aka our boss hehe) friends who joined us for lunch, one of which was Girlie Rodis, the talent manager. Gino later told me he knows her but I never got around to chat with her.
The Gallardos had just renovated their house and we were shown around their tastefully redecorated home--the new study (which used to be Waya and Lala's room), the newly installed jacuzzi and the guest room (what used to be Ige's bedroom).
Lunch was something else! Some sort of Spanish chicken and beef dish, I forget the name, with 3 kinds of sauces (banana, eggplant and I think potatos?), fresh veggies etcetera. Dessert was Waya's creations plus tiramisu. We washed everything down with the wine we bought (hehe).
Around 4 p.m., most of us were a bit sleepy from too much food. We went back to Makati to chill before dinner. Ene took a nap at our apartment. Since we were bringing Ene home to QC, we decided to have cheap, tasty barbecue dinner at Yahoo in Metrowalk. Some more DVD shopping. Researched outfits for our 'Red Light District" Christmas Party at the sex shop near HBC.
Discovered that they sell all sorts of Trojan condoms there plus flavored lube and all manner of dildos hahaha. Oh, there was also a domination kit. But at P4,000 plus, overpriced. Even the corset and merry widow lingerie in a pinstriped design which I found cute (it came with a nice gangster fedora hat and suspenders) cost around P4,000. Too much to spend on a Christmas Party costume. Then again, if I win the usual P30,000.00 first prize for best costume, pwede na rin. :) Plus I can always use it again. Right? Right. :P
So now I feel like it's Wednesday instead of Monday. That was my weekend. Now back to work.


2 Comments:
yahoo bbq!! sarap!!! :)
yup they changed their name to yiheee or something...probably some copyright thing. :P cheap, good food 24 hours a day yahooo!
Post a Comment
<< Home