8.12.06

Paulo/Paolo Night

After dashing off a print advertorial at work, drove back to Blanco with Paulo Liit to meet with Paolo Laki. Had dinner at 121 before driving off to Rockwell to watch the Metrowalk fashion event. Went up for a few minutes to shower and change.

I decided to wear my short black chiffon and lace dress with the low neckline for the first time. It fit my chest nicely, not too lewd, just revealing the right amount of skin. Wore it with black capris to give it some texture. And for a jolt of color, red patent heels.

I was supposed to wear this very goth tiangge-bought black lace and bead necklace with it, but at the last minute, it broke and the beads scattered all over the apartment. Rats. I never even got to wear it yet! So I ended up grabbing the usual Marni-esque Top Shop necklace I always wear. No earrings.

Later, I met Cecile Zamora at the Metrowear show (I liked what she was wearing) and she asked me what I was wearing. I didn't quite get which she was referring to, but apparently, it was my necklace. I wanted to say it was Marni hahaha but it was just Top Shop--20% off yun

The fashion show just started. My favorites were the menswear collections and Tippi Ocampo's collection. I won't comment na lang on the designs we laughed and sneered at but let's just say that one of them reminded me of Falcon Crest.

We especially liked the designs of this guy, I forgot his name, who had an all nude color collection. Very elegant, nice lines. Paolo's friend Mel, editor of Metro, said he designed Lucy Torres-Gomez's gown that night. I remember spying the nude column Lucy wore while she was being interviewed by some reporter. Yeah, pretty nice.

Saw a lot of people I know from school and from work, but am not really into the cocktail scene. Don't like the chika/small talk routine so I didn't make an effort unless, you know, they were right there in front of me. Lots of celebs: Assunta, Diether, Kristine Hermosa, all these designers, makeup artists, the gay crowd, the Lopezes who joined Amazing Race, a lot of our neighbors in Blanco, a model/triathlete I just worked with in a print ad, Fritz something, who I chose to ignore na lang 'cause he was talking to someone. He looked hot in a suit though; I only got to see him in athletic wear. Nice body.

Met up with some of Paolo Laki's and Bonsai's friends: Maureen, who's a stylist, and Mel, Metro editor. We grabbed some grub at Yori..whatever Japanese restaurant together. Mati was full.

Am really bad with names haha I need gingko biloba. I saw that John actor guy in Mati and realized that he's cute pala in person but I can't even remember his last name right now. Am just hopelessly forgetful. I often forget where I park and where I put my parking ticket, but lately, knowing this, I've tried consciously to ensure I remember by noting landmarks near where I park and using a bright pink wallex to put my parking ticket into so it doesn't get lost in my cavernous bag rammed with stuff.

Anyway, reached home a little before midnight. Oh, and how cool, the t-shirt I bought from Paulo is on a fashion spread of Metro magazine. Yay Paulo! And get this: The cummerband he drew on is on the cover of the latest Metro ish (Dayanara Torres on the cover).

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dazed and Confused said...

Hmmm... does this mean i'll be seeing you in the pages of Metro Magazine really soon?

Heck, go for the big one! Go for Philippine Tatler!

(and take me along the next time you go on a social event. I can be "and friend." Harharhar!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger arniedelusong said...

yuckkk anobeh...low profile ako no. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home