The Costs of Infection
Back at work. Had a shoot previously but I really felt woozy and asked that I don't stay on for the night. I hate being sick.
Found out I have some sort of throat infection, which explains the pain in my throat and my general malaise for the past few days. My doctor (my bro) prescribed me a slew of pharmaceuticals. Took the day off to be a vegetable and watch yet again Project Runway Season 3. And then because no one would be able to do it for me (boohoo, the perils of living alone), weak-kneed me walked on by to the nearest Mercury to buy them (wwwahhhh I miss my mom!). Thank God there IS a Mercury now within walking distance from my place. Now, if only there was a Mr. Quickie and a dressmaker, ayos na.
Imagine my shock when I had to pay over 2k for my week's supply of antibiotics! And that's not even counting the lozenges (every 2 hours which means I take 12 a day? I don't know if the prescription was exaj), paracetamol and cough syrup. Sheesh. I can buy a top from Zara with that money. And I'm not even talking about a t-shirt from their teen line, but an honest to goodness dressy top or skirt. Or even a pair of good shoes Or even a new NARS Multiple. Shet. Hate hate.
My budget's screwed up. Anyway, I ended up doing some must do errands to make use of my time well. Go to the bank. Pay bills. Withdraw money. I got a white Japanese shallow bowl to place keys/receipts/bills, light bulbs for backup, a Chinese lamp, electrical cords and sockets for the bulbs (the kind where you have to pull a chain to turn the bulb on). Boring stuff for the house.
Now, am on a home improvement trip. Now, I realized I need:
1. tassels to attach to the pull-type bulb sockets - how old school, 'di ba?
2. a large shag carpet to rotate with the red one we have
3. vintage glass decanters (meron laya sa Envangelista?) to put in moutwash, hand gel, dishwashing liquid....looks way better than plastic pump containers
Anyway, in the evening, while waiting for my Tapa King dinner (thank God for delivery), mom texted that my Canadian Visa got approved. Yahooooo!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home