
So I went into Sephora in Soho to look for a face scrub. Because of the cold weather here, I feel my old skin cells have stuck together and have refused to let go. In tropical weather, all of them just naturally disappear it seems 'cause of constant sweating and the heat. Here, I feel my face is covered in barnacles. Somehow, foundation and powder look wrong on crusty skin you know kahit na Laura Mercier nahihirapan. Arg. Then again, I can't seem to make the regular face scrubs work on my skin 'cause they seem either too sandpapery or worse, too granulated my face gets these tiny scratches.
Was gonna get
Bliss's Remede Sweep, 'cause I read that's what Jennifer Aniston (or was it Gwyneth?) uses but I am wary of products supported by celebrities (it's the advertising insider cynic in me talking). So I bumped into
this. It's US$17 for a small tube as I didn't wanna commit to the bigger one if I wasn't sure it worked. The product talk is very no nonsense and clinical. Not into oversell or overpromises. Just plain facts and figures. I was quickly drawn. And no fancy schmancy graphic work on the tube. It seemed to sound like Remede. Sephora's website says:
What it is:A highly effective exfoliator with special stop-action crystals that adjust to individual needs and pinpoint areas requiring more attention.
What it is formulated to do:
-Automatically eliminates the potential for overdoing the exfoliation process (shuts off when uniform smoothness, brightness, and luminosity are achieved)
-Accelerates the release of cellular debris, roughness, dullness, and skin damage without the risk of irritation, redness, and sensitivity
-Helps erase the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
-Helps fade pigmentation and age spots
-Perfects skin's appearance
-Refines pores
What else you need to know:
Delivers personalized, professional results usually found in a doctor's office.
Clinical trials using state-of-the-art high resolution tools measured:
-12% immediate reduction in pore size
-Zero irritation or sensitivity among the 217 subjects tested
Recommended For SKINSTATES:
-Rough or Uneven Texture
-Excess Oiliness & Enlarged Pores
Wow may clinical trial pa! They can't put that on the tube if it weren't based on real research, right? So I tried it this morning, and wow! It works like a dream! My sensitive skin wasn't irritated, but I feel like I just got a Diamond Peel. My dead skin cells have waved goodbye. I'm convinced. Need to go back to Sephora to get a bigger tube. Minsan lang ako mag-rave. Ganda nito. Shet.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home