4.6.07

Power

Weekend, I spent the time in Filinvest. With my dad. And for the record, we didn't argue or fight or discuss. Not once. And I'm glad. I put my foot down. That's all there was to it. Now were on even ground, adult to fellow adult. I felt ....powerful. Suddenly, in the power equation, I had more than he did. It felt awkward. Wasn't used to it. But it felt good.

Saturday, I went to Divi with Manang to buy stuff for the relatives in Canada that my cousin would make dala. Like Lola's cigarettes (hahaha). And Tita Baby's 3/4 sleeves blouses. I bought fruits for dad and a new shower knob that died on us in our Blanco bathroom. Shet I spent so much. Then again, they entertained me to the max in Toronto.

Since mom wasn't around, I spent most of the time with Dad. We had breakfast at home. Did groceries at Rustan's. Then I taught him how to burn files onto a CD--not easy, he had to write the instructions down it was like teaching a two year old.

Sunday, I just chilled. And in the afternoon, we went to Podium to meet up with Martha with the cuties Sam and Caitlyn in tow. I gave Sammy the purple bag I bought for her in Chatuchak. She had a giant smile on her face and slung it over her arm immediately. *Gigil* She just had a haircut and looked so adorable in her green t-shirt and lime green headband. Caitlyn in her pink dress was so huggably cute, she made us laugh while she went on a frenzy scratching crayons on the brown paper that covers Burgoo tables, creating these random squiggles that made her gurgle and chuckle. Mababaw lang ako I was so happy being with them.

I ordered salmon and Coke Light (feeling healthy) pero 'wag ka, ang daming mashed potato hahah. In fairness, I declined dessert.

While waiting for 9 pm before leaving for NAIA to pick up mom, dad and I went shopping at Living Well (2 antibac and anti-mite pillows for P750? a steal!), Watson's, Izod, Lacoste etc. Killed time at Segafredo (coffee for him; iced tea for me). Then walked to St. Francis to get him a new battery for his old cellphone which has been dying on him lately. I bought a car charger for my Motorola.

Dad's on a Celine Dion phase right now. Eeks. He bought pirated concert DVDs in St. Francis. Celine Dion was on loop all throughout the weekend in QC, I wanted to stab myself. My heart cannot go on, Celine Dion (rhyme yan ha)!

ANYWAY, we had coffee at Dome. Buried our heads in Inquirer, Preview, Time and Metro over coffee and rum cake (eeks ang dry hindi masarap). Then the driver picked us up and drove us to the airport.

Kadiri our airport we have to pay P30 to enter the viewing deck thing na walang aircon. Hello, I PAY MY FUCKING TAXES.

Dad had coffee (yet again) at Kopi Roti. I was gonna keel over from too much caffeine, I had bottled water na lang. I hate NAIA. Nakakahiya. Talo sya sa Bangkok ang Hongkok. Ang llllaaayyyooo.

Mama came out wayyyy late so I had time to text ping pong with R. Mwahaha landi. Then voila! Mama was there! Am so happy she's home!

She got me my green tea (no hoodia rats), a leather bag, and makeup stuff.

I miss my mom. I love my mom. And dad and I are in good terms. Yay. All's well that ends well. Hope it stays that way. I slept past 1 am and I had to wake up at 5 am naman today to bring my cousin to the airport na naman.

Tonight, my brother Jojo arrives with Meggy and Edward from New York. Saya! Then again, ang gulo nyan with the cars juggled because of coding etcetera. Ack! I want my car!

Am having dinner with Gino and Marc at Apt. 1B (yay!). I've been meaning to try the food there. Ige says everything tastes great. Waya says to order the Samosa and the steak. Ige says the hamburger is kakaiba. Jomar the driver picks me up at 10 pm to drive me to the airport. Yet again. Anobeh.

Am so happy to see my family. Didn't know how much I miss them. :)

P.S. Pikon talaga Wednesday coudn't make it darn. But as they say, when God closes a door, he opens a time slot. Ay window pala. Monday it is. And Andy is back yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home