I Am Thundercats
Friday evening, had dinner at New Bombay with Paolo, Ige, Waya and Jay. A nice change from 121 haha. Then a little bit of guitar playing, singing and wine at my place. They left past midnight. I was asleep as soon as I hit the sheets.
Saturday morning, was in Greenhills and Ortigas whole day, errands here and there. Later, in the early evening, had Alabang dinner with Gino at the despedida party of the dela Fuente's in Pacific Village--awesome Pamplina soup! They sure do know their food. And what lovely, gracious hosts. I finally met Gino's clients, the one's he's been raving about who're so nice they're practically friends now. I discovered one of them is married to the brother of a batchmate, Tina Aruego. JV, the husband, used to be one of my clients when he was still with Whitehall. It was a pleasant evening and I'm glad I agreed to go.
Midnight, Gino dropped me off at the Austin Powers suite of Victoria Court for Julia's bday party. It was fun as usual. Ana Abdon made an appearance. Paulo V from New York. Anton from Singapore. The usual suspects. Paolo A wore his kilt. Kaka.
Around 1:30, Francis picked me up for a night cap. We talked a lot. But I was just too pooped to keep on going. He noticed I had no TV at home. I don't need it, I said. Yeah, he agreed. I watch the news off the net. Was home 3 a.m.
Sunday morning, woke up at 8 to pick up mom then Rhoda to go to Binondo. Walked around Ongpin and Raon. Toured her around the San Lorenzo Shrine. Eng Bee Tin. She bought a bit of jewelry and some watches. Then Meisic Mall for cutesy cheap stuff. She saw tubo being chopped up for the first time on the street. Watched the bakers at Baker's Fair make those little tasty square thingies that smell divine.
For lunch, we were tired and saw the Chowking in Raon. Brought her there instead of President's 'cause it was a long way off where we were.
Since we wanted to make sure Rhoda wouldn't get a major tummy ache because of not-so purified water, we asked the store manager what kind of water they used for the halo-halo as that has been the only reason why Rhoda hasn't had any halo-halo yet.
I discovered that Chowking branches all have their own water purifier which they use for ALL their food. Awesome. Finally, Rhoda had her first taste of halo-halo. We have a picture to record this moment in history hehe.
Mom and I bought little Caitlyn small, embroidered red kung fu style shoes with a strap over them. They'd look adorable on her feet.
Oh, just had to mention that I saw one of dad's letters from Equitable PCI informing him of the merger, and the letter was superduper aligned with our current campaign. It made me smile to read the copy I wrote on the top of the letter informing my dad of the transfer of his account to another BDO branch. I xeroxed the letter to show the people at work.
In Raon, I bumped into a Korean surplus store where they sell these nice dark and light wood chair for a steal! They're the sort you'd find at Dimension or Bo Concept for more. I was able to haggle for P800 each. Am still trying to get them down to P500 for 4. Hope they give in. I got their number so I can get back. There was also a single seater sofa which looked extremely comfortable for P2k plus and some other nice furniture. I need to pick them up myself to get a discount as they don't have a truck for delivery.
The laugh of the day was driving by Raon street and discovering Ronquillo street! Well, Rhoda is now a Ronquillo after marrying my cousin, and so she scrambled on the other side of the car just to take a pic of the street sign it was hilarious. I had to slow down for her to take it. Laugh trip. I remember, in my mom's home town, the street where my lolo's house is located is named after one of my great grandfather's. Hmm. Maybe I should take a pic of that, too.
Was so exhausted, I took a nap in the car. Dropped off Rhoda in Makati. Back to QC. Had a power nap on the sofa. I wasn't even able to change outfits and freshen up.
With still the smell of Binondo's star anise on my clothes, off to Podium for family dinner at Gloria Maris with the little girls and then coffee at Dome. Dad drove. Was so busog. We had shabu-shabu (with free facial har har) and three way Peking Duck again. Burp.
Am so pooped. My weekends are busier than my weekdays. I can't do this anymore. I think I need to go back to boxing. Next weekend is fully booked already. Sheesh.
P.S. Rhoda and I had a little talk about one of our relatives while I accompanied her to smoke. Teehee needless to say, I discovered we think the same. I'm happy we get along pretty well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home