Fig and Olive Friday, Market and Ikea Saturday
Friday, worked till around 11 p.m. for a Monday deadline. Had Tapa King delivered at work and wolfed it down, tried to work again. We decided to end it and continue early Monday, our brains were just plain fried.Bede, one of our AEs, was spinning at nearby Fig and Olive (formerly Chef Ed's), so to show our support, we dropped by. Turns out, this quiet bistro is a rocking dance place at night. As usual, there was lots of camwhoring. Multiply....attack! The usual suspects: Ige, Waya, Paolo, Julia, Julette, Rap, Kaye and Iya. Ainee was there with her Javellana officemates. Bede was with his usual posse and of course, JC.
Didn't dance much, as my ankle is still swollen. The girls, of course, worked up a storm. I can walk better now though, the pain is less than 2 days ago.
Today, met up early for a 930 am brunch with Marc. Marc and I are becoming fast friends, thanks to Gino. Too bad Gino had to finish some of his music stuff, he couldn't join us. Marc and I like the same things---like Paul Smith! He showed me the Paul Smith stuff he bought on sale: a spiffy turquoise leather belt and a printed shirt with the trademark Paul Smith contrasting lining and cuff. Get this: the lining of the shirt's cuff is a funky polka dot print! Neat-o.
For Saturday Market brunch, I had Nasi Goreng washed down with pineapple juice. He had the beef rendang. I did a bit of groceries: organic eggs, baby arugula, singkamas pods (they look like edamame), eggplant, onions, ginger, spring onions and lettuce from the Herbana Farms table (Gil Carandang: 0920 445439); some fruit (bananas, pineapple and grapes); and beautiful bottles of healthy malunggay pesto and milkfish pate from the Pinoy Or-durvz table (Tel 809 1426). Let's see how good these are with pasta and bread. I also bought Mom powdered calamansi for her cooking.
Pinoy Or-durvz also sells Air Dried Beef Tapa, bottles of Chili Con Carne, Organic Bagoong (without salitre, MSG, food coloring or too much salt), Garlic Mushrooms, Dulong in olive oil. Tamban in olive oil and Bangus Belly in Olive Oil.
Satiated with food and kwento, we drove over to the Ikea showroom in the San Antono area to check out anything we might find nice (and cheap!).
We got awesome Lampan lamps in black (for him) and white (for me and Gino). They're so cool, I can't stand it. I also got a cutlery set and the nice light bent wood stool that I first saw at the Urban Bazaar.
They have new stock arriving next week so I can't wait to go back, this time with Gino in tow.
We dropped by Shopwise first to get the appropriate bulbs before Marc dropped me off at Blanco again.
After fixing up the apartment and the groceries in the ref, Andrew and I met up for coffee and a chat to catch up. Felt sleepy, so went home to get an at home massage and mani/pedi at home as it's hard to drive with my ankle. Took a nap after and then woke up, tried to finish this writing thing I need to submit tomorrow. I still haven't finished, so now I woke up to try to fix it.
You can tell I'm stalling. :)
The accounts girls are having fun at Warehouse, but I opted to stay in tonight as the doctor says to keep movement of my ankle at the minimum, which I haven't been doing for the past 2 days teehee. The pain has lessened, though it's still swollen and can't move it around too much without feeling some pain but the swelling has definitely subsided.
I'm strangely happy right now. I had a relatively fun weekend so far and I wish I could bottle the feeling and get some of it at moments when I need it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home