
It snowed so much in New York, couldn't really stand to go out much. I DID drive around just around the neighborhood 'cause I wasn't comfortable driving downtown (think driving to Makati for the first time with all the one ways and no left turns and parking problems etcetera). I had to return the boots I bought at the Nine West outlet store 'cause each shoe was a leftie. Funny.
We DID watch Vantage Point Friday night in a nearby moviehouse in Forest Hills which was fun and I had time to sneak in a visit to Century 21 and have dinner with Tito Emer, but that was it.
Century 21 is just HEAVEN. Then again, I didn't shop much. I just needed clothes for the winter weather. I thought I could stand going out in a simple lined coat. Not! I was freezing to death every time I went out. So I got a cashmere scarf (100%!) for only $US11? What's not to love? I also got Calvin Klein trench coat which I won't be able to wear to Manila but desperately need for this winter weather (70% off!) and a
Pringle 1815 canvas and leather messenger bag for a steal.
I love Pringle! Pringle 1815 is the younger, more contemporary line designed by Clare Waight Keller who came from Gucci. The crazy crowd at Century 21 weren't hovering over them as much as they did the Pucci, Cole Haan, Furla and DKNY bags which was great and I snatched the bag immediately.
There were lots of Marc Jacobs stuff for a song but I veered away from more popular branded stuff in the meantime.
Hopefully, this coming week, it will be warmer so I can go downtown more. I can't stand the cold. Vantage Point was awesome. It should've been called "11:49" instead, I think. You'll find out why when you watch it.
I was able to check Kohl's for Vera Wang's Simply Vera line, and I was in love with this dress (far left) was thinking it would be nice to wear this at Kaye and Rap's wedding. It was on sale, too! Alas, as is usually the case, they didn't have my size. *Sigh* Will just have to get back to Century 21 maybe find a nice US$11 Philip Lim haha. Good luck to me.
Am now in Maryland, just chilling. Am helping mom cook and keep house and shopping at Target and Walmart. It's actually fun to find interesting housecleaning products to bring back home to Manila. I bought some nice smelling lavender scented house and bath cleaners. They should really make those available in Manila. Why should bath and house cleaners smell like chemicals all the time anyway.
We watched the Oscar's last night up to the very end and boy,
Javier Bardem is HOT. The gowns weren't very interesting this year, I think so I just enjoyed staring at Javier. He won best supporting actor. I wonder if he's still with Penelope Cruz? I love that he's Spanish and that his date for Oscar night was his mom.
I still think Cate Blanchett losing to that French actress for Best Actress is one of the great Oscar upsets for the year. She also lost as Best Supporting Actress. I guess it's the year of the foreigners and the 'small' players. Even in best Film Music, an Irish pair (or were they British?) won over the Americans.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home