Post-Christmas Noguchi Museum Visit
Despite the cold, we made it to Astoria. We took the tram over Queensborough bridge (I will post video later) and walked through Roosevelt Bridge towards Astoria. It took a while but it was a nice walk. Despite it being the day after Christmas, there was no snow and the weather was nice and sunny.I was interested in Noguchi because I loved his furniture designs, now produced by Herman Miller. For a table designed in the 1940s, it was thoroughly modern and still looks contemporary to this day. You can see from the sculpture where his furniture designs get their aesthetic.
The furniture he designed were used in the museum cafe/boutique. I even put my plastic cup--sacrilege!--on the table.
You can see from the picture that each table has his signature on one side.
It would've been lovely to see the sculptures as they usually do in the garden, Japanese-style. But it was under renovation when we went. I got in at a discount with my FIT ID. Tsane!
I still haven't gone to the PS1 museum in Queens. That's next. :)
P.S. The black circular thing is a study for a SWIMMING POOL. Doesn't it look awesome? But apparently, the design was rejected.Stupid client. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home