26.1.07

Word for the Day













Ain't Rashim cute?

Just started this yesterday after reading Karim Rashid's book. He does this everyday. I think it is a good habit to adopt and an easy way to learn new words. If I keep at it, I will learn 365 new English words a year, and 365 new Japanese words a year.


I took Japanese as my foreign language (mandatory) for 2 semesters in college and still remember how to write words in Katakana and Hiragana. I wanna improve on this and start learning to write......*shudder*.... Kanji, the most difficult to remember Japanese alphabet. Yeah, the Japanese are not content with one alphabet. They have 3!


Today's word of the day is......

dissimulate \dih-SIM-yuh-layt\, transitive verb:
1. To conceal under a false appearance.

intransitive verb:
1. To hide one's feelings or intentions; to put on a false appearance; to feign; to pretend.

Example: "He was too pissed off with client's stupid comments, he had to dissimulate his distaste for the directions he gave."

In short, plastic. Mwehe.

oOo


Japanese word for the day:

Ongaku - music


Dame desu! Subarashii desu hai? Hai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home