Planner
Ohmygod the eating won't stop till January 1. Tomorrow, it's my dad's birthday and we're gonna eat. A lot. Again. Most probably at Metrowalk after bringing my nieces to the dolphin show.
I decided to give him a book as a gift: "The Pursuit of Happyness" by Chris Gardner. The movie made me cry. I think he will relate to the story. It reminded me of his stories about his life. I hope he likes it. He likes to read stories about successful people. And the one thing he (seems) to be proud of me is that I read. A LOT. He is negative about a lot of things about me but that is one thing he approves of that is part of who I am. He indulged my love of books even as a kid. And for that, I am grateful.
oOo
I need a new planner. I am forgetful Jones and Dory and I need one. Hardbound and small. I have several blank notebooks to use given as gifts this year. A nice Moleskine United Nations one (thank you, you know who you are), a blank one with a nice recycled paper cover from Caren my sis in law and another one with a nice graphic cover from a former officemate.
I have yet to use up all my Moleskines and other notebooks. I get a lot of them every year, which I love because I write on a journal, scribble notes, stories and reminders in another, and keep another one to keep all my important numbers and data in at hand (account numbers, SSS, TIN, pin codes, membership numbers, hotline numbers, numbers of manicurist, waxer, threader, lash extension guy, at home massage, spa....you get the picture). If I lose these notebooks, I am USELESS and a girl with scraggly nails and short lashes.
Which reminds me, I need a sedula before the year starts for the lease contract.
I went to Glorietta a couple of days ago to buy Gino and Marc the gift they would like. I went to Face Shop and found the brand I know will work for his skin. That's finished. :) Can't wait to give it to them.
I wanted to buy new tube of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in the oil free formula but they didn't have my color (Nude). Good thing 'cause frankly, I still had several other brands of foundation in my beauty arsenal to use up really teehee I just wanted to try LM's oil free formula. I promised myself during New Year that I would use up all my current stash BEFORE buying any new makeup. And I'm glad I kept my resolution.
I am excited to do many new things this year. It seems so many avenues are open to be explored. It's gonna be fun.
oOo
Today, I bought a bamboo bench from a 16 year old kid who was carrying two (two!) on his back, selling them to people. I felt a bit sad and I wanted to help him so I bought one. He carried it to my parent's house and mom and I served him merienda. Mom gave him chocolates and pastries to bring home. I figured dad would love a bamboo bench to lie down on near the garden while he reads his Sunday paper.
He told me he hails from Pangasinan, and they bring these stuff to sell several times a week near the area. He says he has been carrying the two benches for three days now. Today, he walked from Manggahan to our village's main street carrying the two benches on his back! Talk about hard labor. He told me I was his first sale.
I got his number so I could order some more stuff for the apartment. What I like about this kid is he is a proud worker; cheerful, not down and out. Which is unlike those beggars with fake long faces walking around like ghosts along the streets.
That's why I hate giving to them but would gladly help out and buy wares from someone who earns an honest living by selling something.
I wish, fervently, for many Filipinos to be like this kid.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home