16.1.08

Brits Rule!

Just arrived at my building, waiting for the elevator. Was tired, ready to slump into a chair and just close my eyes to decompress. Here comes a white guy, my age, somewhat short (he was my height). He leans against the wall and suddenly says, with a British accent, "Nothing like a fast elevator, huh?" I giggled like a teenager and barely muttered a "Yeah."

We enter the elevator. I press 6. He presses 8.
"I'm new here. You?"

"No." Giggles.

"What floor are you getting off?'

I reach my floor. "Here." I smile. It was a stupid question cause he knows what number I pressed. I don't look back.

At the apartment, I suddenly have all these witty lines to throw back at him. I wanted to kick myself. What was all that giggling?! Man I acted like a retard hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home