17.2.09

Off to Bryant Park!

Prune last night was underwhelming. So we ordered the famous bone marrow and sweet meat appetizers. 

The bone marrow tasted like...fat. I mean, it didn't taste anything at all unless you put some of the rock salt that came with it. I can't get over the fact that a restaurant can FAIL to make fat delicious. Then again, as my American friends here point out, I might have overly spiced up Asian taste buds. Anthony Bourdain tried it, too but wasn't able to watch the episode to check on what he thought of it.

But the sweet meat livened up the evening a little. It was fried like nuggets and wrapped in bacon. I kissed the 4 sessions of Bikram Yoga away. Will have to make up for it.

My branzino fish was grilled to perfection with fresh rosemary. Ronny's lamb was hardly touched--and he's a meat eater! So it doesn't really bode well. 

We saw this actress there, an older character actress with chinky eyes. I remember she appeared in a Carell movie, Dan in real life. 

Then it hit me: oh it's Dianne Wiest! My first NY celebrity sighting. She was totally unassuming, in black pants and a top and cardigan outfit.

Maybe I should try their brunch next time. 

Anyway, I gotta dress up. Watching Matthew Williamson in a while. Don't know what to wear. Hm.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home