22.6.09

Bespoke Obssession

After designing and getting a dress made for Kay L's wedding, I just realized, with even more intensity, one of the great privileges of living in Manila: cheap bespoke everything! Compared to the US, it sure is more affordable. I thought about sewing myself but it's sorta like trying to start out knitting--it's just tedious and takes too much time.

At least, armed with my sewing and pattern classes, I know exactly how my clothes will be made and can argue with my modista about not following the selvage!

Now that I'm slowly losing weight (yay!), most of my clothes don't fit so well. So I have decided to get back to my suking tailor and modista and finally get these basics made:

1. navy blue jacket and cropped pants
2. shirtwaist (Balenciaga-style)
3. pants, pants, pants (denim and black) in a cropped Thom Browne style
4. black mini-skirt

And also, to get brogues in silver made.

Am thinking it's a way to start on designing and getting things made. I already have some sketches for some designs.

PROJECT!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home