3.1.08

Mineral Obssession

I thought I would be able to resist it. I first discovered mineral makeup in the States 2 years ago. Those damn infommercials got me interested in Bare Escentuals.

tested them in the San Francisco branch that sold it but having gone through countless brands of makeup that made all sorts of claims that were mostly inflated, I held out and waited for the buzz to die down.

Well, fast-forward two years, and the product is STILL making waves, especially locally.

I couldn't resist: bought my first mineral foundation, Youngblood, only to find out it's the ONE mineral makeup brand that has bismuth, which is a skin irritant. Duh.

So now am looking at trying Bare Escentuals, Valerie Beauty and Monave, the three brands getting constant raves in the websites I've scanned through. They are available through resellers in Multiply. The great news is, they sell sample kits so you don't have to buy full size to try everything.

The advantages of mineral makeup include the following:

* looks very natural; absorbs like second skin
* won't clog pores like regular talc based makeup (yikes! there goes all my makeup!)
* excellent coverage - imperfections disappear like a dream
* excellent staying power with some claiming it stays on even after swimming and hiking with it
* versatile: can be mixed and matched to get exact shade; or mixed with lip balm to make lipsticks; can be used as all over color
* has correcting qualities (oil control, concealing, redness neutralizers, contouring shades )
* has NO EXPIRY DATE! (unless exposed to humidity)
* skin treatment friendly and will not interfere with dermatological treatments and problematic conditions such as acne and rosacea
* devoid of harsh chemicals and preservatives that can damage to skin
* made of pure ingredients from nature (minerals!)

Popular MMU Brand include:

1. Bare Escentuals
2. Everyday Minerals
3. Monave Mineral Cosmetics
4. Valerie Beauty
5. Babydoll Minerals
6. Larenim Mineral Makeup
7. Luminare Minerals
8. Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics

Ack! What will happen to all my old makeup???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home