Manila in the Global Radar


I had a chance to pore over my latest magazine stash. I grabbed the latest Allure (cover: Hillary Duff) at a Ranch Market branch in Jakarta and only read all of it today. They have a spread on sunscreen products. Guess which Filipino product is featured? VMV Armada. :)
And how fitting is this? While waiting for my red eye flight to Jakarta, I sat on a tattered issue of the Spring 2008 issue of Elle Accessories. Not Elle regular, but Elle ACCESSORIES. May nangaasar ba sa akin hanggang airport? Death by accessories and all that?
I looked around for the owner. No one was looking at it. I started browsing and carried it with me till my I returned to Manila. Someone in the accessories business must have had it--she tore crucial pages off of it, especially the ones that might have featured some Balenciaga sandals.
Any case, I read abouit this US-based fashion accessories buyer who is all raves over guess which Filipino accessories designer? Tina Maristela. They featured a tiny mother of pearl clutch.
If I remember right, Rafe was also featured as did Celestina. Makes me real proud of my country. I hope a lot more Pinoys do creative (not destructive!) acts that will do justice to the greatness of our race.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home