Make Me Glow!
Bombings be damned,
I just watched "Stardust" with Gino and Marc at Trinoma.I absolutely LOVE Robert de Niro's character. I agree with Gino when he said it would've been corny if his character was played by Robin Williams. You have to see for yourself why.
And funny Rupert Everett plays one of the king's wily sons, though his lines were limited.
One thing I wish they didn't do was cast Claire Danes as the star. I would have preferred someone....well, a little more luminous like Keira Knightley. Or Kate Hudson.
In the movie, the 'star' glows each time she comes in contact with the one she loves, and loses her glow when she has a broken heart. Nice touch.
My favorite part of the movie which I initially found ewwwww. Eventually, the lines grew on me 'cause it made me remember.
"You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no fits. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine. "
I am lucky to have experienced the above, though shortlived. :P
Watch it. :) It's a lot of fun.
BTW, it's loosely based on the Gaiman novella of the same title.


6 Comments:
That "heart bursting" line is soooo true!!! Kahit young pa akesh, at least I can honestly say I have experienced it once. Diba, it's such the GREATEST feeling in the world?? Kahit minsan di ka sure if heart attack na yun or love hahahaha. Kidding.
hahahahahaa :P true. corny but true
I love Stardust!!
May naisip ako during the movie.
Diba when we're happy and inlove, we "glow"?
So parang stars in love din.
hahahahaha, wala lang!
onga eh.....hahaha. :) makes perfect sense.
kaya the new pick up line should be..... you're my star.....promise, i will make you glow hehe
ahahaha, that is SOME line! :D
baduy hehhe
Post a Comment
<< Home