October of My Discontent
I am happy. I am sad. I am ecstatic. I am mad. I'm in perpetual limbo. I wanna get off. I wanna paint my nails blue.
Men are wonderful. Men are infuriating. Men are amusing. Men are confusing. Men are fascinating. Men are conundrums. And I give in and keep trying to figure out how different each one is. Duh. Let's see what this one's MO feels like.
I find fascinating the idea that, for all the big strides achieved to make women more independent and equal to men, men and women ARE still built the same as they were centuries ago.
Men ENJOY taking care of women (well, some). They are strong and capable and gruff and like to commandeer and lead. They feel like themselves when they 'save' a woman, provide for her, protect her, lead her.
Women are soft, gentle, sweet. They like to be cherished, protected and 'taken cared of'. To a certain degree, this situation still holds and makes the mating ritual, the courtship, the chase and the ping and the pong of dating and flirting and all that.... still...well... exciting. On the surface, we seem to be all equal now but underneath, certain things remain the same. Plus, take all that away and it's just not as exciting. Meanwhile, more and more, I see strong, independent women seem to attract the opposite.
Not always, of course. The infuriating thing about life is that there always seems to be an exception. Humans can change the course of statistics and circumvent the law of averages.
I often wonder: Should I act like the weak, damsel in distress instead? Hmm. Doesn't quite work. Just not me. But the times I've tried it, worked like a charm. :)
I need that coffee now. Lovely weather for strong, hot coffee.


5 Comments:
Ay oo kainis mga lalake haha. Honestly, i find it irritating that i'm kinda "dependent" on a guy -- in an i-miss-you-already and i-want-to-be-babied-today kind of way hahahaha!!
true though, in my previous dates I always came off as this independent, cool, aloof and at-arm's-length kind of woman and i end up disappointed in the men cos they are always always intimidated.
tried that with present guy, it worked but only for 2 wks then he broke down barriers and im doing the damsel-in-distress drama and yes i agree, it works like a charm. guys have this knight-in-shining-armor complex talaga.
naku naku dont be ever dependent especially emotionally! promise me that julette!
if you ever try to be a damsel in distress, it should be deliberate....for a desired effect....
hmm... i've never tried to be the damsel-in-distress on purpose ever. i seem to have most affinity with guys who are as "strong" as i am, altho you probably won't notice that with my last boyfriend. wahahaha!
anyway, i don't think that admitting "i miss you and i want to be babied by you" makes you dependent necessarily, i think it's just you admitting that you crave someone's love, which we all do naman. hehe :D
ako, i find that i get babied just cos the guy wants to baby me. and i'm good with that because hello, i am a baby anyway. bwahaha! :D but i don't think it makes me dependent on him. i can function without him if need be. years of strong independence helps :D
i think it's all about finding the right one to balance you. otherwise, it's all, "shit i'm dependent on him, ayoko!!!" or "shit, what do i do to make him notice?" when it's the right one, it all flows naturally.
but don't take note of me much, you all know how much i'm just crazy in love. hahaha :)
hay naku magtigil ka...in love ka kasi eh hahahahahaha
haha agree with you both! hehe. and yeah kaye i think it's not being "dependent" na i-can't-live-without-him kind of dependency. Tama ka nga, it's more like you want to be showered & lavished with attention hahaha. And don't worry Arnie, I'm still very very independent and very very much a bitch still. =D
Post a Comment
<< Home